Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Saddle and the Leap

About one month ago, Mike, Boz, and I went to the Leap to try the Cubist. The Cubist is and amazing tetris shaped boulder located on top of the lower buttress. To get there you hike on a trail that winds around and up the crag. It starts on two holds in the little roof and begins with a throw to a crimp on the edge of the flat wall then slapping the roof to hold a swing which is followed by awesome pinches and edges and a throw for the top over a rocky landing. This is an awesome problem and definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.

About two weeks ago, Mike, Sal, Keenan, and I went to the Saddle. Everybody came extremely to sending something but the only send was Mike doing a crazy hard V5 slab. Both Keenan and Sal got close on midnight train, Keenan and I got pretty close on Nazgual, and I fell off the jug of wicks problem twice. Overall it was a good trip and now I have tons of good projects in Tahoe.

No comments: